7th IMS International Textile Architecture Symposium
17th to 19th May 2018
University of Miami, School of Architecture
We are proud to announce that the IMS e.V. Archineer® Institute (Institute at Anhalt University Dessau-Rosslau), Germany, is organizing the 7th International Textile Architecture Symposium in Miami. It is the first IMS Symposium in the US and will take place from May 17 to May, 19, 2018 at the prestigious School of Architecture at the University of Miami.
Contact: usa@ ims-institute.org
Topic: The planning, design, and increasingly frequent inclusion of high‐tech membrane structures within the modern architecture. Likewise, the rising importance and popularity of this global industry.
Our Symposium is a didactic and academic event which, in the short period of just three days, will count on the experience of great professionals who will give master lectures on Tensile Architecture. At the same time, it will be a unique opportunity to interact and to meet a large number of professionals, students and craftsmen currently involved in the industry and the world of Membrane or Tensile Structures. Consequently, this offers a special chance to meet one another both on a personal and on a company level and this way improve our professional and commercial relationship within the industry.
In previous years, similar events have taken place in countries such as Germany, Spain, Turkey, Iran, Panama and Peru. At each of the sites we were met with great receptivity and great participation.
This year we have many companies, professionals and students interested in participating, the reasons being:
• The United States is a very large market and of great interest worldwide.
• The Symposium takes place at one of the most prestigious Universities in South Florida.
• The city of Miami is the perfect place as a link for North American and Latin American participants.
$ 400 - Individuals 1
$ 200 - on-UM Students/ IMS Alumni (with valid student ID)1
UM Students/ UM Faculty/ IMS Students: free/registration 2
$ 70 Guests of participants can attend the reception by registration only 1
(1) Fee includes access to all sessions, coffee breaks and Welcome Reception. Cancellations received in writing three weeks prior to the Seminar will be subject to a deduction of 15% of the applicable fees.
(2) Access to all sessions and coffee breaks upon registration and available seats. A limited number of “walk-in” seats might be available upon registration at the event. Welcome reception not included but can be booked additionally.
Payment possible by Paypal (left side button)